This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation Help

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:09 AM
Just the tool I was looking for! However, I cannot get it running.
Could you give some installation instructions?

I thought I was doing it right, but I am getting the dreaded "Could not load file or assembly System.Web.Extensions" error.
I do have .NET 2.0 and and the Ajax extensions installed. And System.Web.Extensions is in the GAC. I am running Vista (which is probably the main problem because the IIS administrator is so different.)

Thanks in advance,
Mark Delp
Jul 10, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Check to see if you have the version specified in the Web.config or have a newer build. I ran into this problem too when I tried to use the utility, and when I changed the Version attributes in the Web.config to the version of System.Web.Extensions I had installed it built for me.
Jul 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM
That worked. Thanks!
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:08 PM
Sort of. I feel like I am being thick headed, but I am sure that I will not be the only one. It would be great to have some more detailed documentation.

I created a simple test.js file, then I created a test.project.xml based on the included MicrosoftAjax.project.xml file. I do get output, but it does not contain the one function that I put in the test.js. Hopefully someone can help me (and future ScriptDoc users).

Here is my test.js file:

var ns1 = {};
ns1.funct1 = function() {
/// <summary>
/// this is a test
/// </summary>
return;
}

Here is test.project.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<project xmlns:scriptdoc="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
scriptdoc:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ScriptDocProject.xsd">
<scripts>
<script path="projects/test.js" />
</scripts>
<namespaces>
<namespace>ns1</namespace>
</namespaces>
</project>

And, here is the output text.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<doc>
<members>
<member name="N:J:ns1"/>
</members>
</doc>

Why is there no mention of the function funct1?

Thanks...
Jul 13, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Hi Mark,

I am having a similar problem. Did you manage to get it to work?

Matt
Jul 13, 2007 at 11:34 AM
No, Matt. Not working yet. I will post here when I do, but I was hoping that someone could explain how it works before we have to go and spend more hours guessing.
Jul 17, 2007 at 7:31 PM
The tool will only document members of classes (static or otherwise) but not functions attached directly to a namespace.
Jul 17, 2007 at 9:36 PM
Mr. LeRoy,
Would it be at all possible for you to provide a simple code example? The MS Atlas libraries are not exactly an easy to read sample.

Thanks very much,
Mark Delp